Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wordle Challenge 3: Nobel Edition

Did you have fun playing Wordle Chem Challenge One and Two?

This one kicks up the difficulty another notch. I've searched through the Nobel Prize website, and grabbed the press release / presentation speech (pre-1972) for several laureates. Can you piece together who's who?

(Note: As in past challenges, I've stripped out the names of the winners, as well as certain non-helpful terms - URL, website, etc.)

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3
Entry 4

Entry 5
Entry 6
Entry 7
Entry 8
Entry 9

Think you know 'em? Leave answers in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. 1. I want to know this :( all I can think is Rudolph Marcus, but he definitely preceded so many mentions of femtochemistry...
    3. Gotta be Marie Curie!
    4. EJ Corey
    6. All I can think is Diels/Alder - but their first names are both in there!
    7. Grubbs/Schrock/Chauvin
    8. R.B. Woodward
    9. Harry Kroto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're 5/8. Pretty good!

      (Sorry about the first names...thought I got them all out...)

      Delete
    2. See to me 1. says A Zewail...

      Delete
    3. Oh, and I thought 8 was Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin

      Delete
  2. Can't believe I didn't get 8. She's one of my greatest heroes. Sorry Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Iron ChemistJune 20, 2013 10:56 AM

    2 is Negishi, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Iron ChemistJune 20, 2013 10:57 AM

    Oh, Brown. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete