Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bill Gates' Chem Secret

*Update - I see CJ beat me to it!

Buried deep within a recent NY Times Magazine article, a humbling reminder that not all knowledge comes easily to billionaire tech scions:
source: Microsoft
"Without prompting, [Bill Gates] recounted getting a bad grade in an eighth-grade geography course (“They paired me up with a moron, and I realized these people thought I was stupid, and it really pissed me off!”) and the only C-plus he ever received, in organic chemistry, at Harvard (“I’m pretty sure. I’d have to double-check my transcript. I think I never ever got a B ever at Harvard. I got a C-plus, and I got A’s!”)."
I can't help but draw a connecting line to one of my fictional heroes, as ChemBark noted.

O-Chem is hard. I guess I'm lucky it made sense to me.

5 comments:

  1. Special Guest LecturerOctober 12, 2014 2:14 PM

    Given recent grade inflation trends, I'm not sure anyone gets a C in organic chemistry at Harvard anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy Dank Vape Cart with leaftywholesale.com. Here you can track down the moist vapes site, trucks on the web and have the possibility of 100% ensured conveyance. More finished, you can get the best quality Dank Vape Cart of various types.

    ReplyDelete