I often modify tweets with hashtags #startup or #phdlife, to give readers a flavor for just how chaotic, random, stressful, yet strangely rewarding life at a small company can be. This week, though, takes the cake - here's a brief breakdown of the last four days:
- Haggled with Enterprise Rent-a-Car; planned an equipment-gathering "road trip"
- Set up safety training
- Toured a now-defunct medium biotech for info on soon-to-be-auctioned assets
- Arranged for large instrument crating and cross-country shipping
- Year-end software updates
- Convincing colleagues, granting agencies, and local gov't that, yes, we really are that small
- Scheduled an electrician to hook up (large, heavy) new toy
- Writing, writing, and more writing
|Reflection. Seemed apt.|
Oh, almost forgot to mention: chemistry.