Saturday, October 13, 2012

Whimsy

Walking through a used book store today, I happened across the "Science and Math" section (hardly by coincidence). One of the better collections I've seen in awhile, it had a few copies of Feynman's QED and Six Easy Pieces, Kaku's Physics of the Impossible, and even biographies of Niels Bohr and Jane Goodall.

I ended up with a copy of Dawkins' The Blind Watchmaker, for $7.14.

An inveterate "skimmer," I often leaf through the old books before I pick them up. Many times, they have handwritten notes from a class, business cards, sometimes even personal photographs or "to-do" lists. On this particular occasion, I happened across a special surprise in a book titled Elementary Chinese.

I left it in the book. Maybe someday you'll find it [wink].

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I've found similar treasures tucked inside used books (though I'm pretty sure I've never skimmed a Chinese book).

    ReplyDelete