Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Plant Papers, Springing Up in Science

"Filter flower"
If you look around the literature lately, biosynthesis and plant metabolism reviews seem to be cropping up everywhere. The latest batch, out in Science just last week, explore several key concepts for those not yet tangled up in Vinca's vines, or dreaming of Papaver's poppies. Ten different papers discuss topics as diverse as alkaloid gene clusters, soil nutrient incorporation, metabolic diversity, medicinal compound mining, and how tomato color impacts taste.

Spend a few minutes reading through, and hopefully come away with a greater appreciation for plants - the original medicinal chemists!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think to find here such a beauty. Can I get it for my room? The thing is that I love to see the different variants for my room using https://planner5d.com/use/blueprint-maker/, but I didn't find still such a beautiful vision. And it will be great decoration for my new flat.

    ReplyDelete